Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back For More? Round Two: Windy City

Hello Everyone!


Get excited, because I'm sharing anything and everything so I don't forget. 


I have survived the mega trip on the mega bus from Killa City to Chicago (8:30pm-7am). Needless to say, it was B R U T A L. I sat in the very front of the bus on the 2nd story- you could see everything! I felt like I was watching a movie- and had the pleasure of sitting next to a woman who was glued to her cell phone, divulging every boring detail of her weekend to what seemed like every contact in her damn phone. (So what if you got engaged this weekend? Big Whoop. Your Dad came from India to surprise you at your birthday party? Who cares?). Had I heard the story once, it would have seemed sweet and romantic etc. By the 15th time, she just came off as pretentious and for some reason she started exaggerating. First Grandma was crying out of joy and then the whole dinner party (10 people grew to 15) began to weep. It was unbearable. Plus, it was 2 in the morning. C'mon! 


Cheesin' on the CTA


Fortunately, we made it to Chicago where the lovely Emily Taft picked me up and gave me a small CTA tour of the city. We got chai, Emily takes hers with a shot of vanilla (yum), and she deposited me at her dorm while she went to work. In about an hour, I'll go to lunch with Trina Taft and company, and maybe I'll walk to Lake Michigan? Who knows, anything is possible. Today is the last day you can text me before I hop on a non-stop plane to London, so this is the last chance for you to ask me to pick up shifts that I can't cover because I'm in another country... I leave at 6pm. Yikes. 


Lastly, a giant thank you to everyone who could come to my going away party- I truly appreciate all the love and support from all my beautiful friends, and for giving me a memorable night before my trip. Shout out to Megan, for getting the kegs(and for being awesome); to Nick, for being the DJ all night long; to the lesbians who lent me their house; to Jazz, for his killer dance moves; and to Jewel, for keeping me company when the cops came. Twice. This doesn't mean I don't love the rest of y'all.. because I do. 


Ha, I think that's about everything! Please feel free to comment, I know I'm going to miss each and every one of you, and I want to hear from you! I'm trying to stay off facebook, so I'll mainly be posting my blogs there. Also, I love criticism. If my spelling is horrible, I'm rambling, or if you want to hear more about something, let me know! This is my first blog; I'm still learning! 


Vous me manquez déjà!


Harper

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU
    I miss you!
    Criticism for the blog post: where is my shout out?!?!???
    Love you. Can't wait to read this every day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides that, great post!!!!! I feel like I'm sittin right next to ya. My address is 436 East 73rd Terrace KCMO 64131
    Mail me from every place imaginable

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaaaa!!!! You should've "accidentally" hit her in the face or something. Oh! Or you could've called someone and begun telling them all about this annoying lady next to you that decided the right time to tell everyone she ever knew that she got engaged was on a public bus at 10 pm.
    Loving your posts, can't wait to read some from EUROPE!!!
    ps I'm adding my address at the condo once I know it lol

    ReplyDelete