Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Monmartre 


So I've been getting some negative feedback about my blog. The word "neglectful" has been thrown around, along with "update" followed by "soon"....  Apparently I've been causing distress to my lovely friends; they can't sleep at night/life has no meaning/etc. Let's set the record straight here. I have been sans internet in Paris(feel bad for me), but thankfully tomorrow is a new day, and I will be word-vomiting all over my blog in the weeks to come because i'll be in Lyon, with endless access to the world wide web. I'll be writing so much, you'll want to de-friend me so my posts will stop filling up your mini-feed. Seriously. I have a lot to say. Starting with epiphanies I had while watching the Bachelorette (you think I'm kidding), pausing on my thoughts of PDA across the world, and ending with a small anecdote about foreigners from Ohio. With that being said, here is a  small summary of my travels so far, something to soothe the masses until I have time/internet to write my heart out. Enjoy.

1) Krakow: polish. everyone speaks polish. did evelyn and I know a lick of polish? no. thankfully we had the word pierogi down (it's like a dumpling. only fancier, because they fill it with yummy things like meat and potatoes and spinach). I think we came out of poland learning two words of Polish (we're champs)

2) Near-disastrous plane trip. Evelyn accidentally booked our trip for July 8th instead of June 8th. The airline peeps then told us there were 2 seats left on the next plane and that we had 10 minutes left to try to get on the flight to Paris. Luckily, we made it, and luckily Evelyn had travel insurance...

and now! we're in Paris, the city of all cities, picnic-ing in front of l'arc de triomph and watching the eiffel tower light up at night (pictures to come!). We leave tomorrow for Lyon where i'll be meeting my replacement family of 6 weeks and I promise promise promise I will write another blog painfully explaining every excruciating detail of our adventures... so be patient :) ----and to add a quote (because all blogs have quotes, right???) "if you book them, they will come".

til next time!

the bloggin' foo' 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU GARTH!!! can we watch that together as soon as you get back, pleeeeeease!!!!??? I'm happy to boast that I am the first to comment on your wonderful blog and sadly out of all of that I'm most anxious for your bachelorette epiphanies. Secondly picnic-ing in paris sounds so beautiful! Also, explain evelyn...is she the daughter of your host family or another UMKC student on the same abroad program or what? Thank you! Love you, write soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU
    (see you next week ;P)
    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noria I think we may be tied for anxiety over the Bachelorette epiphanies. :) So excited! :)
    Harper, love you to bits. Everything sounds fantastic and not knowing Polish sounds like an incredible adventure. You're so brave woman!
    Cannot cannot wait for pictures and more posts.
    Keep on soaking up every last bit.

    (Also, this is Emily. Not Bo. She somehow messed up my blog ID name last year.)

    ReplyDelete